Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 89 Sabbath of Joy

Over the past 12 Sabbath posts my heart has soared with Andre Boccelli, "Give us this day our Daily Bread," given thanks for the manna, covenanted to keep the Sabbath Day Holy, exercised faith in the law of the tithe, and given thanks for God's watch care. This blog has given me vehicle to exult in His glory. I am grateful for our experiment. Many a day came that I felt inadequate then someone would comment. Thank you. May God bless each of us. Miracles have not ceased and I am glad because I need them.

Breakfast: Homemade cold cereal, milk and raisins;
Lunch: Tuscan Tomato Bread Soup from theprudenthomemaker.com This recipe featured my favorite staples - bread and tomatoes. I loved the flavor. Even without any salt, it tasted great. This is a wonderful site full of helpful information.

Dinner: Roast Beef, cabbage/nut and raisin salad, fresh whole wheat bread Grandma stopped for 15 minutes on her way across country. She exulted, The best restaurant in town!" (Grandmas are bias.)

We figured out an eggless brownie we like:

3 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup chocolate pudding mix
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups water
Add 1 cup nuts (optional)

Mix and bake 30 minutes at 35o if using a cookie sheet size pan. Top with a ganache of chocolate chips mixed with 1 cup cream, melted over low heat and poured on top of the hot brownies. Cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment