Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 64 Mom Power


I never dreamed I would want to have a permit to carry a gun until I watched Sandra Bullock in the "Blind Side." But then, I don't think it was the gun as much as her calm, most feminine voice dripping with southern congeniality that told those boys in no uncertain terms that she was a lifetime member of the NRA and they had better "Leave my son alone." Thanksgiving dinner was just served up when she turned off the TV and insisted the whole family move to the dining room table where they could eat like a family and act like a family. Like dogs with their tails between their legs, they complied. We need a few more mothers like that who can set a table and with a whisper see that their families draw together to support each other.

Breakfast: potato hash with dehydrated potatoes sausage, and cheese whiz My husband really likes the convenience of dehydrated potatoes.

Lunch: Enchiladas with refried black beans, browned sausage, grated cheddar cheese; sour cream mix made with cream cheese, salad dressing, salt and sugar; alfalfa sprouts, and diced tomatoes

Dinner: Meat twists - a biscuit dough rolled 1/2 inch thick and layered with ground beef and fried onions, then rolled like a cinnamon roll. Cut into 1 inch rounds, and bake for 12 minutes, Serve with a tomato sauce made with sauteed onions and thickened tomato soup. ( I used the leftover tomato soup from last night. This dish added nice variety. The biscuit dough I made was too salty. Use Grandma Mary's biscuits in Recipe post.

No comments:

Post a Comment